Hold a Book Drive
Who can organize a book drive?
- Businesses, civic organizations, schools, places of worship, book clubs — any volunteer group interested in collecting books and donations for Children’s Literacy Network programs — can hold a book drive. It’s a fun and rewarding way to promote reading in our community!
How does my group collect donations?
- Set out a book collection box and a catchy CLN display in a convenient location where people can drop off books at any time over the course of the book drive. Publicity is key.
What supplies will my group need?
- CLN supplies the book-drive basics: a flier, a small poster, a donation box, a Wish List. Your group supplies the volunteers who will publicize and run the book drive…plus maybe a table. It’s easy!
How long is a book drive? How many books will we collect?
- A book drive can last anywhere from a day to a month, depending on your group’s size, approach and volunteer availability. It may involve just a few coworkers each donating a copy of their favorite children’s book at a lunch meeting…or an entire Boy Scout Troop going neighbor-to-neighbor one weekend to fill up a van load of books! Set a goal that you can feel good about. Book drives are more than just collecting a ton of books (although we like that!). These events engage volunteers in a rewarding activity, raise awareness around the importance of reading, and benefit families in need by providing quality books. CLN appreciates any amount of support your group can give!
What types of books does CLN accept?
- CLN gratefully accepts any newly purchased book appropriate for children ages 0 – 18 years old. We favor quality multicultural and award-winning titles that are featured on our Wish List. These books have been carefully chosen by educators to promote healthy development and self-esteem in children. Any used books donated to CLN are passed along to other community groups that can reuse them.
For more information about Book Drives contact: firstname.lastname@example.org